Re: [linux-audio-user] more music produced with Ardour and JAMin

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] more music produced with Ardour and JAMin
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Sat Dec 04 2004 - 13:59:55 EET

tim hall wrote:

>This mix lacks space and transparency slightly maybe, but the music just
>shines through :-)

Interesting how we all hear things differently. I liked the mix, it's
"close" like a club... which tells me that I've spent 'way too much of
my life in night-clubs...

Man, that organist is to die for. I assume he's playing bass on the
pedals ? I've met exactly one person in all my musical life who had the
skill, a fellow named Pete Smith from Fort Wayne, IN. Alas, Pete's
weight andhis smoking did him in some years ago, but he was about as
good as this guy. Oh, what I'd give for someone like that in my bands !

It surprises many people to learn that Findlay, OH, is not a music
center... of any kind... ;)

Thanks again to Ron for letting us give a listen. So, Gilberto Gil is
recorded with Ardour, now we hear this track... it's getting easier to
convince people about Linux audio...

Best,

dp