[linux-audio-user] Re: Preach it! (late response)

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: Preach it! (late response)
From: jonathan segel (jsegel_AT_magneticmotorworks.com)
Date: Sat Dec 04 2004 - 17:59:50 EET

Hi, sorry i am so late in responding to queries about my original 2
cents of OS usage and all, apparently there was a power outage back in
Oakland (i'm in germany right now) and my office computer rebooted and
collected my mail for a day! that took some ssh work to get it back
here!
anyway:

>> first off, i use os x more than i use linux. this is because i carry
>> powerbook on tour with me and perform with it every night. when i
can i
>> also carry my sharp/planet-ccrma laptop

>How do you transfer data between the different platforms?
>i.e.: projects from Rosegarden to ... (your Mac sequencer), or audio
>tracks between Ardour and ... (corresponding Mac thing), etc.

>The common denominator would be:
>- plain MIDI files for MIDI information
>- WAV files for audio tracks
>But i'm curious what is your way to deal with this issue.

exactly, that is what i do, and smb file transfer within the house.
and yes, if your start times for multiple files are the same.
what about OMF transfer? can Ardour open an OMF file?

///

>Hmm... I wonder if Tape Op (a great FREE magazine http://tapeop.com/ )
>would accept articles about linux.

in fact, Larry Crane is a friend of mine. I recently did interviews for
Tape Op, wherein i definitely mention using Linux. i think an article
for them would be great, and they would probably print it. we could try
a letter first, they print a lot of them. also i just turned in an
interview for http://www.bbspot.com/ about music, and what systems i
use...
         Jonathan Segel -- 4014 Brookdale Ave. Oakland, CA 94619
                 MAGNETIC -- http://www.MagneticMotorworks.com