Re: [linux-audio-user] noteedit troubles

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] noteedit troubles
From: Andreas V. Meier (avmeier_AT_web.de)
Date: Mon Dec 06 2004 - 13:58:26 EET

Hi List,

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 04:43:07PM +1000, dmotd wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 22:39:27 -0600, vord <vordhosbn_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> >blimey -- is it my imagination or is there no way to copy and paste a
> >selected note or set of notes in noteedit? surely im missing something
> >here.
> >
> noteedit uses the middle mouse button to copy a selected region.. simply
> select the region you wish to copy and middle click at the position (of
> any staff) you wish to paste to. if yu are wanting to cut/paste repeat
> this procedure and hit backspace to remove the original selection..

If you use noteedit and like it, please speak up and encourage the
author of noteedit to continue this nice program. Unfortunately he has
been a bit disappointed because he was not listed in some thread
beginning this year [1]. Nevertheless I think it is a great program.

I am not a musician myself, everybody tends to leave the room when I
start making music-like sounds (or they start hitting me with random
objects ;). My use of noteedit was for a friend, who is music student
here in munich. He does his composing homework with noteedit, because it
is the easiest to use and includes all features he needed (as someone
who barely knew how to switch on a pc :)

Now because I would like to see the development of this nice software
continued, I ask everybody who uses noteedit or thinks it is worth the
authors time please leave a little note here if and how he uses it
and/or write the author some kudos :)

Thanks a lot

Andreas V. Meier

[1] http://rnvs.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/~jan/noteedit/noteedit.html