Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME is no more

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME is no more
From: Shayne O'Connor (forums_AT_machinehasnoagenda.com)
Date: Sun Dec 12 2004 - 22:49:16 EET

> That's not to say we should be
> naive about market forces, but there's no need to wheel out tired old truisms
> in their defence. I do uphold your right to be horribly misled, however. ;-)

the basic, underlying flaw with capitalism and the "free" market is that
it cannot sustain itself - we will start to see this more and more as
governments privatise more and more social services and utilities ...
after all, there is only so much you can charge for, say, the price of a
phone call ... and once you've hit the ceiling of how much you can
charge, then there's only so far you can cut back your services ....
actually, someone should tell this to tesltra ...

i love it when these lists get woefully off-topic :)