[linux-audio-user] Linux audio video 0.1 alpha 1

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Linux audio video 0.1 alpha 1
From: Christoph Eckert (mchristoph.eckert_AT_t-online.de)
Date: Tue Dec 14 2004 - 01:38:17 EET

Hi,

because audio on linux is still a complicated thing for normal
users, and people like to watch videos with a glass of beer
in their hand, I thouht it would make sense to make some
tutorial videos.

I put the first one here:

http://sysexxer.sf.net/files/LinuxAudioBasics.avi

On Mac or Win you should use VLC to play the video; media
player or quicktime do not play the video by default.

I have read the thread about the free music page, the same
problem with the videos: if there were some of them, it needs
webspace and bandwidth, so I do not know if I can make it a
successful project.

What I'm interested in is:

* is the video technically correct, or did I teach somethnig
completely wrong (I'm still a newbie to linux audio)?

* is it helpful for non-experienced users?

* do you think something like this should be done, or is it a
useless waste of time?

I can think of a lot further videos concerning linux audio as
well as other aspects of a linux system.

Any comments are really welcome, mainly the negative
ones ;-) .

Have fun,

    ce