Re: [linux-audio-user] Audiophile 2496

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Audiophile 2496
From: eviltwin69_AT_cableone.net
Date: Tue Dec 14 2004 - 15:08:08 EET

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 12:29 , Dave Silvester <sly_AT_mu-sly.co.uk> sent:

>On Tuesday 14 Dec 2004 11:16, Tobias Ulbricht wrote:
>
>> It seems (but I may be hopefully proven wrong):
>> Analog IO is working, spdif not, midi not.
>
>I've got all of those working under Linux on my Audiophile 2496. ;-)
>
>To be fair, I haven't used the Midi a great deal because I've got an M-Audio
>Midisport 8x8 that is also working great now, but initial experimentation
>with the Audiophile showed that the Midi was working. As far as I can tell,
>everything works fine on the Audiophile.
>
>My main problem is that I can't find a way to get Envy24Control to load my
>default settings each time, and alsactl doesn't seem to want to do it either,
>so every time I want to use the sound card I have to manually load
>Envy24Control and select my default setting - only takes a few seconds
>though, so it's not much hassle. (It's just a bit annoying, because I can't
>find a way to automate it - Envy24Control doesn't seem to have any command
>line parameters!)

    Use "alsactl store/restore". Put "alsactl restore" somewhere in your bootup
sequence - check in /etc/rc.d/init.d. You can also put "alsactl store" in one of
the shutdown scripts to save the last state. This may already be in the halt
script (it is on FC3).

Jan