Re: Open Source Hardware (Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME is no more)

Subject: Re: Open Source Hardware (Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME is no more)
From: Lee Revell (rlrevell_AT_joe-job.com)
Date: Tue Dec 14 2004 - 21:15:57 EET

On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 09:46 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Actually, it was Lee and I (I think) who were the main proponents of
> the Open Source Sound Card idea. Funny how that works out at times.

Exactly. Please don't make assumptions about my politics just because I
believe it's RME's right to sell their hardware under whatever terms
they see fit. Many of you seem to have jumped to the incorrect
conclusion that I'm some kind of right winger. I am not going to
respond to them, I just want to say I agree that the people blathering
on about politics are way OT, and please don't lump me in with them.

Anyway there are thousands of sourceforge mailing lists you can be on if
you want nothing but hard technical stuff. IMO anything that LAUs feel
like talking about is ontopic here.

Lee