Re: [linux-audio-user] LAU and political discussion: sayonara !

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] LAU and political discussion: sayonara !
From: Dave Silvester (sly_AT_mu-sly.co.uk)
Date: Wed Dec 15 2004 - 14:41:17 EET

On Wednesday 15 Dec 2004 02:42, Tim Blechmann wrote:

> maybe, it's a good idea to split the lau-list in a lau and a la-ot list.

Well, if you're looking for a music technology oriented list specifically for
off-topic stuff (including politics to a certain degree, although not too
much) Ampfea.org has "The Music Bar":

It's quite high traffic, almost anything goes - it's "a bar", and like any
real bar, it can get a bit rowdy at times! It's certainly the most unique
list I've ever been on, and I'd feel slightly lost without it.

There's some really great people over there, many of whom I've met and jammed
with (some individually, some at small international gatherings of ten or so
people) and now consider to be good personal friends.

I'm not saying "take the flamewar over there" because it wouldn't be
appreciated, but thought I'd drop a shameless plug for what has been an
infinitely valuable list to be on, and a place that would accommodate this
kind of discussion from time to time.

It's also a nice little community for sharing your music with and getting lots
of feedback to improve your work - there's some very knowledgable people on
that list, and newcomers are always welcomed.

It doesn't suit everyone, but I like it there.

</plug>

~Dave

--

Dave Silvester Music Technology Junkie | Rentable Website Monkey http://www.mu-sly.co.uk | http://www.rentamonkey.com