[linux-audio-user] XMMS Mono Silence

Subject: [linux-audio-user] XMMS Mono Silence
From: Dave Silvester (sly_AT_mu-sly.co.uk)
Date: Thu Dec 16 2004 - 16:44:06 EET

Hi All,

I'm asking this here, because it's something I've been stuck on for a while,
and just haven't ever managed to find a solution for.

Whenever I try to play mono files (doesn't matter if it's ogg, mp3, wav,
whatever) in XMMS, all I get is silence. This was the same with the Beep
Media Player and was also the same before I got my Audiophile 2496 and was
using my motherboard's built-in soundcard with XMMS.

I just can't seem to playback mono files in any of the media players I like.
They seem to work in Juk, but I think that's because it's non-Alsa? In XMMS,
I'm using the Alsa 1.2.10 output plugin, with "pcm.analogout" as my audio
device - works great for stereo files, just not for mono.

So, essentially I think I have some kind of Alsa problem that prevents me
hearing mono files played back in XMMS. Ring any bells for anyone?

Cheers for your help, and I hope I'm just being a dumb-ass! ;-D

~Dave

--

Dave Silvester Music Technology Junkie | Rentable Website Monkey http://www.mu-sly.co.uk | http://www.rentamonkey.com