Re: [linux-audio-user] (OSS vs. RME) vs. (OSS + RME) [slightly OT]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] (OSS vs. RME) vs. (OSS + RME) [slightly OT]
From: vord (vordhosbn_AT_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 17 2004 - 07:29:02 EET

LAUs --

all I'm trying to do is appeal to those people, if there are any, who
are willing to come together and face companies like RME and offer
them a compromise as i outlined. nothing more or less.

the company is worried about disclosure, fine ... thats their
business. i want compatibility for such and such hardware though, and
I'm willing to sign an NDA, help develop the driver, and negotiate the
terms for distribution. whoever is interested in helping should speak
up, voice their opinion on my method, and help get things organized.

if you don't think it will work, fine; but thats all i was trying to
do here. my apologies to anyone who is bothered by it, but i don't see
how an attempt would hurt anything. it is simply a different method
of, as you say, "letting [the manufacturer] know how i feel". if you
don't have the time, resources, know-how, or even the inclination to
assist, i certainly wont think any less of you. [and I'm not being
sarcastic]

best regards,
--vord