Re: [linux-audio-user] 24 bit replacement for SOX

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] 24 bit replacement for SOX
From: Jesse Chappell (jesse_AT_essej.net)
Date: Sat Dec 18 2004 - 02:32:58 EET

Kai Vehmanen wrote on Fri, 17-Dec-2004:

> > Ecasound + libsamplerate (the resample-hq object type). Have a look at
> > its man page, ecasound(1).
> I've received some bug reports about
> resampling with the ecasound+libsamplerate combo, and the 44.1<->48
> conversions seems to trigger this bug. I hope to solve this issue for the
> next Ecasound release (2.3.6/2.4.0).

Kai, I did notice that the SRC code in ecasound uses the simple
API of libsamplerate, but it expects to use it blockwise with
a continuous audio stream. The more advanced APIs maintain state
between calls that I think are necessary when using it with a stream.
 I have a feeling that is where the problem lies, and Erik should
be able to corroborate that....

jlc