Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] Downloadable Linux Audio Live CD ISO

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] Downloadable Linux Audio Live CD ISO
From: burkhard (burkhard.ritter_AT_stud-mail.uni-wuerzburg.de)
Date: Sat Dec 18 2004 - 18:39:22 EET

On Sat, Dec 18, 2004 at 12:45:54AM +0100, Christoph Eckert wrote:
[...]
> Currently, it's a sort of poker because I have two USB cards.
> Each session the cards will be registrated in a different
> order.
[...]

If I understand you correctly, then udev should be able to solve your
problem.

"udev allows Linux users to have a dynamic /dev directory and it
provides the ability to have persistent device names."

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/kernel/hotplug/udev.html

I have not used it myself, though (I don't have that many usb
devices).

Burkhard