[linux-audio-user] New message convention request

Subject: [linux-audio-user] New message convention request
From: Brad Fuller (brad_AT_sonaural.com)
Date: Mon Dec 20 2004 - 18:02:26 EET

Hi All,

I don't want this to sound like a complaint, just a request --- after
all, this is a great list!

If you start a new msg, could you please not reply to an existing msg?
Doing so starts a thread within the old subject. I don't think that is
what we want. We want contributors to view subjects and be able to reply
or ignore a msg/thread of a particular subject. Thus, a msg with new
subject matter may be lost to someone who can help. It can also be a bit
annoying when someone is interested in the original post but views posts
of different subjects in that thread.

If you do accidentally reply to an existing msg with a new msg subject,
could you copy your post and start a new msg? -- just so we don't go
down that road (i've seen some pretty long threads here with many subjects)

thanks!
brad