Re: [linux-audio-user] in tune - stupid thread --- OT how to tune a guitar

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] in tune - stupid thread --- OT how to tune a guitar
From: Erik Steffl (steffl_AT_bigfoot.com)
Date: Wed Dec 22 2004 - 20:33:19 EET

Christoph Eckert wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 22 Dezember 2004 15:38 schrieb Maarten de Boer:
>
>>Another guitar-tuning trick: if you don't have a reference
>>tone at hand (and if you don't have absolute hearing), but

   just wondering - if you don't have a reference tone why bother to
tune to a reference tone? Isn't it good enough to tune to whatever it
feels like?

   tuning technique that wasn't listed yet (probably for a good reason):
I used to tune the guitar to whatever the string tension felt
'appropriate' (the strings were in tune with each other, I tuned one of
the strings based on the tension and used that as a reference to tune
the rest of the strings).

   :-)

        erik