Re: [linux-audio-user] YA(C)R (was: recording keyboard works (e.g. rosegarden))

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] YA(C)R (was: recording keyboard works (e.g. rosegarden))
From: Hans Fugal (fugalh_AT_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 24 2004 - 19:10:13 EET

Hi Steve,

Your advice was invaluable, and it worked quite well. Thanks!

Here's the fruit of my labors: Yet Another (Christmas) Recording. I
recorded Bach's BWV 608 which is a fugal treatment of In Dulci Jubilo.
I played this last week on the organ in church with the help of
another in the congregation that has a really neat homegrown MIDI
trumpet thing and portable sound module/amp. (He did the pedal line)
This recording was mostly an excercise. It was made in Rosegarden
using Hexter for the solid gold DX7 sounds, with a few LADSPA plugins
thrown in for spice, mixed down with the help of JACK Timemachine and
Audacity (it was too late to figure out Jamin and Ardour this time). I
hope you enjoy the DX7 treatment of Bach's arrangement.

http://hans.fugal.net/music/in_dulci_jubilo.ogg

And if you don't celebrate Christmas... it's still a nice tune. As
always, I welcome feedback.

De gustibus non disputandum est.