[linux-audio-user] MIDI confusion

Subject: [linux-audio-user] MIDI confusion
From: Joe Hartley (jh_AT_brainiac.com)
Date: Sun Dec 26 2004 - 16:39:30 EET

I've run into a problem with my son's setup. He's got a system running
Fedora Core 1, with the Planet CCRMA 2.4.26-ll kernel and an M-Audio
Audiophile 2496, and for Christmas, I got him an M-Audio Radium 61
MIDI keyboard.

I've gotten past the firmware loading and USB MIDI configuration.
My problem is that if I use a program that allows me to choose the
interface, such as pd, I can see the MIDI signals come in when I use
MIDI interface #2.

When I use a program with no obvious way of choosing the MIDI interface
to use, such as ZynAddSubFX, I don't get any input from the Radium.

What I need to do here is disable the MIDI portion of the Audiophile,
so that Linux sees it strictly as a sound card, and sees the Radium as
the only MIDI device. This is where I am in over my head, as I've done
precious little with MIDI under Linux.

All pointers greatly appreciated!

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh_AT_brainiac.com