Re: [linux-audio-user] MIDI confusion

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] MIDI confusion
From: Joe Hartley (jh_AT_brainiac.com)
Date: Sun Dec 26 2004 - 19:30:49 EET

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 18:02:11 +0100
mchristoph.eckert_AT_t-online.de (Christoph Eckert) wrote:

> Why do you want to disable the MIDI part of it? If you do not
> need it, simply don't use it.

>From my first post:
> When I use a program with no obvious way of choosing the MIDI interface
> to use, such as ZynAddSubFX, I don't get any input from the Radium.

Programs default to the first MIDI device, which is on the Audiophile,
and not all programs will easily allow one to change the input device.
Therefore, I want MIDI on the Audiophile completely invisible to the
OS, so that the Radium is the default device.

I may try not using USB at all, and connect the keyboard out MIDI
port to the Audiophile. It seems like a kludge, but it'll probably make
the default device what I want until I can find out how to disable the
MIDI on the Audiophile.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh_AT_brainiac.com