Re: [Jackit-devel] Re: [linux-audio-user] 2.6.10

Subject: Re: [Jackit-devel] Re: [linux-audio-user] 2.6.10
From: Fernando Lopez-Lezcano (nando_AT_ccrma.stanford.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 30 2004 - 05:50:56 EET

On Wed, 2004-12-29 at 18:29, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-12-29 at 17:30 -0800, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> > > This was on the CCRMA list? Got a URL?
> >
> > http://ccrma-mail.stanford.edu/pipermail/planetccrma/2004-December/007341.html
> > http://ccrma-mail.stanford.edu/pipermail/planetccrma/2004-December/007343.html
>
> >From the above post:
>
> Currently I think that the most usable system is
> 2.6.10 (that is if you are willing to run all of your audio software as root,
> which is not a good idea as a bad bug could bring your system to its knees)
>
> This user like many others is confusing the realtime preempt patches
> with the realtime LSM. You should point this out (I am not on the CCRMA
> list). The current version of the realtime LSM kernel patch applies
> cleanly against 2.6.10.

I guess he was referring to the kernel he built (without the
realtime-lsm). I'll clarify this point in the Planet CCRMA list...

I just booted into 2.6.10 + realtime-lsm, not bad at all in some very
informal jack tests (run jack at 2x128 + ardour + hydrogen + freqtweak).
I'll leave a full build chugging along all night long, should have fresh
packages to test/release tomorrow :-)

-- Fernando