Re: [Jackit-devel] Re: [linux-audio-user] 2.6.10

Subject: Re: [Jackit-devel] Re: [linux-audio-user] 2.6.10
From: Jack O'Quin (joq_AT_io.com)
Date: Thu Dec 30 2004 - 08:17:50 EET

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando_AT_ccrma.Stanford.EDU> writes:

>> On Wed, 2004-12-29 at 17:30 -0800, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
>> This user like many others is confusing the realtime preempt patches
>> with the realtime LSM. You should point this out (I am not on the CCRMA
>> list). The current version of the realtime LSM kernel patch applies
>> cleanly against 2.6.10.

It's easy to get mixed up about all this stuff. That's why getting
good realtime support in the base kernel is such good news.

> On Wed, 2004-12-29 at 18:29, Lee Revell wrote:
> I guess he was referring to the kernel he built (without the
> realtime-lsm). I'll clarify this point in the Planet CCRMA list...
>
> I just booted into 2.6.10 + realtime-lsm, not bad at all in some very
> informal jack tests (run jack at 2x128 + ardour + hydrogen + freqtweak).
> I'll leave a full build chugging along all night long, should have fresh
> packages to test/release tomorrow :-)

I just built 2.6.10 with the realtime-lsm built in (the capability LSM
is *not* included). It seems to work fine at -p64. No xruns so far
(under light load). This is really wonderful. Ingo, Andrew, Linus
and all the other kernel developers can be really proud of this
release.

Our existing realtime-lsm kernel patch works unchanged with this
kernel (I just made a link to it with a shorter name)...

  http://www.joq.us/realtime/linux-2.6.0-rt2.patch.gz

We're hoping to get this included in 2.6.11.

--
  joq