[linux-audio-user] RME Multiface again..

Subject: [linux-audio-user] RME Multiface again..
From: Jamie Bullock (jamie_AT_postlude.co.uk)
Date: Thu Dec 30 2004 - 17:38:28 EET

Dear list,

I am currently trying to set up an RME multiface under Linux. I am
running a 2.6.9 kernel with ACPI patches, the Nitro 4/Con Kolivas
patches, and the latest LSM module. I am running ALSA 1.0.8rc1 compiled
as modules from Source.

Most things work well. I have Jack running in realtime with very few
Xruns. PD and Audacity also work OK so far as I can tell.

I have three problems:

1/ The no audio can be heard from the Multiface unless the HDSPmixer app
has been opened once.

2/ The inputs meters on the HDSPmixer are constantly showing around -7dB
even though there is no input.

3/ There are constant clicks when playing from DVD, regardless of
whether I use Xine or Mplayer, OSS or ALSA. Playback is fine if I use
the internal Intel sound card.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Jamie