[linux-audio-user] Re: [Jackit-devel] 2.6.10

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: [Jackit-devel] 2.6.10
From: Rui Nuno Capela (rncbc_AT_rncbc.org)
Date: Fri Dec 31 2004 - 00:40:12 EET

Lee Revell writes:
> On Thu, 2004-12-30 at 14:34 -0500, Lee Revell wrote:
>> Also do your tests with Ingo's patch use PREEMPT_DESKTOP or PREEMPT_RT?
>
> OK rereading the thread, looks like RT. Can you try DESKTOP?

Yes, its been CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT all the time. Using CONFIG_PREEMPT_DESKTOP
(aka Voluntary-Preempt, IIUC), which I've tested more than a couple of
times before RT were booting reliably on both of my machines, the results
were something in between vanilla and RT.

I have to agree with Fernando when he says that when a RT configured
kernel boots (and those IRQ threading gets properly tuned) its The
linux-audio-dream come true. It just makes everything else look like a
joke ;)

Bye now.

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela