Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: hearing testing

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: hearing testing
From: Andrew Gaydenko (a_AT_etver.com)
Date: Fri Dec 31 2004 - 09:53:56 EET

Tom,

Good luck! I'll be waiting for your announce :-)

Andrew

======= On Thursday 30 December 2004 15:54, Tom Szilagyi wrote: =======
> Is there any softaware/methodology for ... ears? :-)
> I mean testing ears hearing capabilities (frequencies, thresholds,
> masking, ...).

Presently I'm unaware of such software for Linux. However, my newest undertaking (yet to be
announced in the open software world, since it goes as an academic/professional project
right now) is about acoustic therapy for autist people. Part of the package will be an
audiometer (with which you can measure your hearing threshold on various frequencies). The
software tools will run on Linux, and it is my intention to release it as GPL once it takes
apropriate shape. In perhaps half a year from now, according to my "long-term roadmap".

Tom