[linux-audio-user] Re: Feasibility of Crestron like Linux Based Whole House

From: Bob Knight <bk@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 02 2005 - 21:47:32 EET

> I'm a UNIX guy going back to 1983 - Altos8600 running a 5Mhz Intel 8086
> with 512Kb RAM, 20Mb 8" Winchester hard drive and Microsoft's version of
> Xenix.

I was at Altos using z80's with 64Kb of ram. I helped write an OS
called AMEX. I then left to go work on a real unix port, which
was the first port of unix onto a micro at company call Onyx.
Do you remember those stupid shirts that said:
"Altos goes hard with 8 inches".

I would like to help out on this project if anything gets started.
I built a house about 5 years ago. I did the multi source music
every where thing. It hasn't worked in years. I would love to have
control via a linux box.

What is the biggest multi channel alsa device running today?
8x16 would be nice. 4 audio sources into 8 areas.

--
Bob Knight
[-w] the work option