Re: [linux-audio-user] Disabling Playthrough

From: Christoph Eckert <mchristoph.eckert@email-addr-hidden-online.de>
Date: Tue Jan 04 2005 - 04:47:01 EET

> I'm a newbie to audio on Linux. So far things are working
> OK, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to
> disable audio playthrough. I'm running SUSE 9.2 w/KDE on a
> Dell Inspiron 600m.  No applications are running, but
> somebody is echoing line in to line out.  I've looked
> through KDE, YaST, and ALSA controls for audio but I can't
> find a setting for playthrough.  Google searches have
> failed me... any advice appreciated.

Well, playthrough can bei two things:

* The soundcard's input gets immediately visible on it's
output, without going through your computer. Everything is
done in the soundcard. Try a mixer application to enable this

* You want to take the input signal, work on it maybe with
jack-rach and put the changed signal out again. Try jack
according to the videos, or any other application which can
alter and output the incoming material.

Let us know what you try to do so we can certainly can give
some hints how to reach the desired results.

 Best regards

    ce