[linux-audio-user] Disabling Playthrough

From: Darren Gibbs <tsquank@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 04 2005 - 04:03:24 EET

I'm a newbie to audio on Linux. So far things are working OK, but I
can't figure out for the life of me how to disable audio playthrough.
I'm running SUSE 9.2 w/KDE on a Dell Inspiron 600m. No applications
are running, but somebody is echoing line in to line out. I've looked
through KDE, YaST, and ALSA controls for audio but I can't find a
setting for playthrough. Google searches have failed me... any advice
appreciated.

thanks,

darren