Re: [linux-audio-user] Disabling Playthrough

From: Darren Gibbs <tsquank@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 04 2005 - 21:15:45 EET

Well my problem is that playthrough has been enabled, and I don't want
it to be (or I should say, I want to have control over it). I can't
figure out where to turn this off/on. All of the obvious system
control panels don't seem to have a setting for this. Using command
line tools for ALSA, I don't see anything either. I wouldn't expect it
to be turned on by default. I have been able to record audio in
audacity, so samples are being passed up to the application. Now I
have a weird situation where audacity says that the audio i/o system is
unavailable. Playthrough is working... speaker-test works. Various
audio players are able to play CD audio and open and play sounds files.

Linux audio is a bit byzantine compared to what I'm used to... there
appear to be several interacting layers, and control panels in various
places. If anyone has suggestions or pointers to a good
linux-audio-howto or getting started that explains all of this, I'd
appreciate it.

thanks,

darren