[linux-audio-user] guitar song sheets

From: Rusty Phillips <rustyp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 04 2005 - 07:08:11 EET

I was unsatisfied with GuitarTex myself, and actually wrote an app for
this. I don't know if it'll suit his needs or not because it's still a
beta, and only I have tested it.

But if he'd like to give it a shot, I could use the feedback.

http://freshmeat.net/projects/chorddb/

It's designed for making sets of songs, mostly. Chords are detected
automatically if entered from crd (standard fake sheets), and converted
otherwise. I personally think the front-end is very intuitive, but I
did write it...

Anyway, it uses a latex style to create pdf files (or you can just make
plaintext, chordpro, or latex files).

I've stopped development on this version mostly to switch over to SOAP
or XML-RPC and a java front-end (so that some form of markup is
possible); I've pretty much reached the limit of javascript's
capabilites.