Re: [Jackit-devel] Re: [linux-audio-user] qjackctl compilation broken

From: Jack O'Quin <joq@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 07 2005 - 03:21:43 EET

Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com> writes:

> [adding jack list to cc]
>
> On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 23:16 +0000, Dubphil wrote:
>> in src/qjackctlMainForm.ui.h:1087: error :
>> `jack_reset_max_delayed_usecs` undeclared (first use this function)
>> and I have the same error for all the jack_... functions.
>>
>> When I used the jackd provided by the gentoo portage, qjackctl was
>> compiling fine any one have met this kind of issue with qjackctl and the
>> cvs snapshot of jack ?

> Oh no, this was bound to come up eventually...
>
> The short answer is you need a newer jack, or older qjackctl. These
> were API functions I added.

Or an *older*, newer JACK (pre 0.99.42). :-)

For the record, I created this problem, not you or Rui. Everything
was fine until I moved those new functions into <jack/statistics.h> in
0.99.42. I still think that was a good decision, but I expected
someone to get bitten by it. Please accept my appologies wasting your
time. Had this change been relative to an actual JACK release level
and not just an intermediate CVS version, I would never have done it.

> Rui, how about a configure test for the JACK version?

If you really want a configure test, look for <jack/statistics.h>.
QJC already detects the new functions. After I moved them, they still
exist, but QJC 0.2.13 can no longer find their prototypes.

--
  joq