Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: OSC as real-time controller

From: R Parker <rtp405@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 07 2005 - 08:05:34 EET

--- JP Mercury <swirlee@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Antoine,
>
> > > I think I am heading in this direction. Please
> let me know if there are
> > > specific types of control you'd like to see.
> > OSC?
>
> I'm dimly aware of OSC, but have yet to wrap my head
> around the potential
> advantages of it. I know that Jesse Chappell uses it
> in SooperLooper. Can you
> give me an example application?

There's the LADSPA "JAMin Controler". When inserted
into an Ardour track it's used to transmit scene
change instructions to JAMin. Imagine 10 songs on the
Ardour timeline for a mastering session. The start
point for each song marks a point where a new scene
begins. Each song has its own mastering settings so
automating the changes is very useful. OSC is used to
transmit the scene change instruction.

ron