Re: [linux-audio-user] Common linux audio layer

From: Phil Sexton <philsexton@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 08 2005 - 08:52:39 EET

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 22:22, omjn wrote:

> I've tried in the past to get all advocacy with linux and switch friends
> and family to use it, mainly because I believe in the politics of FOSS,
> but ultimately they stick with windows precisely, as has been stated
> here, because it works out of the box.

Linux has worked better for me than Windows "out of the box" on my home
built boxen. Plus, most distros have the software that I use most
included.

I was drawn to Linux (in 1999) by my searching for help getting Windows
to work as I thought it should (it keeps changing things on it's own
without me changing any configurations that I am aware of). I could
find help on setting up Linux, it was free, so I said, "why not?"

Comparing the high cost of the Windows OS plus the cost of the needed
software to get anything done to the open source Linux for free and a
little time to configure, it made sense for me.

I do use Windows XP, but only to play games now. All my computing WORK
is now done in Linux.

--
Phil
Our 2nd CD: http://www.cdbaby.com/naomisfancy