[linux-audio-user] Neuros

From: Juhana Sadeharju <kouhia@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 10 2005 - 16:53:40 EET

>I think the Neuros II (http://www.neurosaudio.com/) is closer to what
>you need. It includes a built in microphone as well as a mic in.
>Records in mp3 or WAV (up o 48KHz). USB 2.0 interface. Mine works very
>well with Linux. You can get one with 256MB of memory for $140 or one
>with a 20GB hard drive for $250.

I would need one for making free sound effect library.

Has it a stereo mic-in connector? Or stereo line-in connector
for which I may find mic2line conversion cables?

How do you transfer the recorded files to Linux? Is the device
seen as a standard usb disk? And the audio files can be transferred
as any other file? This is important if I use public PCs for emptying
the recorded sounds to a web site.

Neuron is only device which seems to have free (as in freedom)
transfer method between the device and computer. Creatives etc.
simply require one to install a special executable to your
MS Windows. One may transfer audio files as regular files, but
they cannot be played!

Juhana