[linux-audio-user] RME HDSP PCMCIA Problems

From: Aengus Martin <aengus@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 11 2005 - 13:46:50 EET

Hi,

I have installed Planet CCRMA Fedora Core 1 on a Dell inspiron laptop
with a RME hammerfall/multiface setup. I ran alsaconf and it set up
the card with no complaints. Running hdsploader makes the 'host error'
light go off on the multiface. I have recorded and played back
audacity and played files with xmms.

That's where the joy ends though. I have the following problems:
* pd will not run - it gives this output:
using non-interleaved audio input
Sample width set to 4 bytes
ALSA: set input channels to 14
ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:324:(snd_pcm_hw_hw_params) SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_HW_PARAMS
failed: Device or resource busy
snd_pcm_hw_params (input): Device or resource busy
pd: pcm.c:4973: snd_pcm_sw_params_current: Assertion `pcm->setup' failed.
Pd: signal 6
Aborted

* ardour won't run, output is:
Ardour/GTK 0.554.0 running with libardour 0.855.0
Copyright 1999-2004 Paul Davis
Ardour comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
Aborted

* rosegarden says audio not working

* jackstart -R -d alsa -d hw -r 44100 outputs:
apparent rate = 44100
creating alsa driver ... hw|hw|1024|2|44100|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
configuring for 44100Hz, period = 1024 frames, buffer = 2 periods

.... and does not get any further.

I have experienced linux alot as a user on a system someone else
adminstrated, but have no experience setting up hardware or anything
like that so I'm a bit clueless. Any suggestions would be much
appreciated.

thanks,
Aengus.

Aengus Martin