Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: OT: File formats

From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <rzewnickie@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 11 2005 - 22:49:46 EET

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 07:31:31AM +1100, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 11:50:18 -0500
> Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <rzewnickie@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > The software or the library?
> > are there any tools that use libflac (or whetever it's called at 24bit?
> There is an upcoming version of libsndfile which will allow reading
> and writing of FLAC at 8, 16 and 24 bits through the standard
> libsndfile API that you all know and love :-).
> Erik de Castro Lopo nospam@email-addr-hidden-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
> "The one thing that reading these five books has hammered home is how
> much C++ has turned into 3 languages stuck in a bag fighting to get
> out. Low C++, High C++, and Generic C++."

Hmm ... ecasound currently pipes to the flac commandline tools for
reading/writing flac files. I gather from this thread that those tools
don't handle 24 bits, yet (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Kai, or
Erik if you know, how involved is adding flac support via libsndfile
to ecasound?

I'm just wondering if it would be simple enough for me to try helping
with it ...

--
Eric Dantan Rzewnicki  |  Systems Engineer I
Technical Operations Division  |  Radio Free Asia