Re: [linux-audio-user] What is the best choice for a pro PCI soundcard?

From: Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 14 2005 - 14:02:08 EET

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 12:10:38 +0100
Mario Lang <mlang@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> I can't quite decide between the TerraTec and M-Audio.
> Regarding maturity of Linux ALSA drivers for these cards, what
> would you suggest? Additionally, I couldn't find anything
> which explained why the LT version is soo much cheaper. Is
> this only about bundled software, or does the 1010lt version
> have less hardware features than the Delta 1010?

They both use the same underlying driver (which is excellent!) so
either will work well under Linux.

I have a Delta 1010, and absolutely love it. The LT does not have the
1010's breakout box which might make it a tad noisier, and it might be
more inconvenient for you to swap cables if you need to do it often.

I have the 1010's breakout box in the same rack as my mixer, patchbay and
various effects boxes, so it was very convenient for me to go that way.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh@email-addr-hidden