[linux-audio-user] What is the best choice for a pro PCI soundcard?

From: Mario Lang <mlang@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 14 2005 - 13:10:38 EET

Hi.

I am in the process of working out the hardware of my
new personal workstation. This time, I'd like to get
a really good multichannel Pro-audio card with at least
96khz sampling rate, 24bit and around 8 analog channels.

I am looking at:
* TerraTec PHASE 88
* M-Audio Delta 1010(LT)

I can't quite decide between the TerraTec and M-Audio.
Regarding maturity of Linux ALSA drivers for these cards, what
would you suggest? Additionally, I couldn't find anything
which explained why the LT version is soo much cheaper. Is
this only about bundled software, or does the 1010lt version
have less hardware features than the Delta 1010?

Any other cards I might have missed which would fall
into the same category?

What would you suggest?

--
CYa,