Re: [linux-audio-user] Raton -- an opensource Linux mouse -> MIDI controller

From: Christoph Eckert <mchristoph.eckert@email-addr-hidden-online.de>
Date: Sun Jan 16 2005 - 14:01:22 EET

> I gotta ask, since the build went ok and the interface
> starts, have you connected Ratón's output to an ALSA seq
> client input port? Using something like 'qjackctrl'
> (Connections window) or 'aconnectgui'?
>
> You need to connect manually, since there could be many
> clients. (Sorry if this is obvious stuff for you. ;) )

thanks for asking, sometimes the easiest thoughts can
help ;-) .

But I had connected it to my USB MIDI out, of course.

> If you did, and it doesn't work, do you have a MIDI monitor
> installed? (amidimon or gmidimon (I think it's ALSA aware))
> Connect Ratón and a monitor, and you'll know if the setup
> works.

Hey, thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for testing it
yesterday.

> Even if you don't have 'amidimon', you could see if Ratón's
> output port exists.

Yes, it does. I have immediately installed amidimon, and I
guess I can see the error:

12:59:15:316192 controller c: 01 p: 00001 v: 00107
12:59:15:324151 controller c: 00 p: 00001 v: 00081

Does this mean that raton sends CC 00 and 01?

If so, I have set it to send CC 12 and 13 on channel 13
instead.

Bug or compiling problem?

 Best regards

    ce

Jabber: HomoSapientz@email-addr-hidden

«Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen» (Helmut Schmidt)