Re[2]: [linux-audio-user] Debian kernel for x64?

From: nescivi <nescivi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 16 2005 - 17:19:37 EET

Hello,

MH> For now getting realtime working in 2.6 is realy independent of what
MH> distribution you choose. The distro's aren't there yet apart from Planet &
MH> Demudi (I think they had plans to go to 2.6?). You need to compile your
MH> own kernel.
MH> Combining realtime with x86_64 is guaranteed to be a steep hurdle. But
MH> very challenging as well.

Debian does provide a package with the realtime module, so that would
make it easier to install, I guess.

MH> I use Debian everywhere, but don't use the debian-specific sources or tools
MH> to build the kernel. For SuSe I'd recommend likewise: ignore the
MH> distro-specific sources & tools.

I thought it might be handy to start from the distro-specific sources,
but that might just be naive. :)

LR> Unfortunately the newest versions of Ingo's RT patches don't work on
LR> x64. I believe older versions did, maybe S7. Can someone with an x64
LR> machine verify this?

hmmm...
sounds bad.
But I can try to test it, if I find the time for it next week.

sincerely,
Marije