Re: [linux-audio-user] CPU temperature, mp3 decoding and

From: Jon B <30plxf602@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 20 2005 - 18:01:14 EET

> one of my continuing quests on linux is trying to find a suitable mp3
> player to ... play my mp3's. what i need is something like amarok (my
> favourite), rhythmbox or muine that has multiple output interfaces;
> intuitive mp3 browser/library; cover art display; slick interface; and
> system tray/plugin support.

I would like something better, too. I've just been using XMMS, which
is convenient because it has the automatic JACK output plugin. But it
is ugly as hell. The stupid fixed bitmap size is about the size of my
thumb on my high res LCD, so I have to always run in double size, with
all the fonts bumped up as well. It is somewhat buggy and unstable as
well. (Though it crashes less often and opens more file types with
less effort on my part than the few other programs I have tried.) I
am looking at the ones you listed. Are they much more beta, though?
I want something that doesn't crash, has a GUI that works on more than
just the developer's screen, can play all file types effortlessly
and... well... is easy to use. I guess that's too much to ask for a
linux app...