RE: [linux-audio-user] Streaming meetings, podcasting, and telephones

From: Steven Clift <slc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 20 2005 - 18:10:03 EET

Yes, in fact I've been collecting lots of webcasting tech related links
here:
http://del.icio.us/dowire/webcasting-tech

What I cannot find anything on is some sort of open source java applet
that might tie into a content management system designed to work with
Icecast or some other streaming server.

The idea is pretty simple, allow someone with a streaming account to use
any web brower and say a 128K Internet connection to grab audio from a
meeting or public event via their line-in jack withour requiring special
software. A second step would be to integrate grabbing of webcam shots
that would synchronized with the audio.

Any pointers?

Cheers,
Steven Clift