Re: [linux-audio-user] Edirol UM-1S no workie..

From: Christoph Eckert <mchristoph.eckert@email-addr-hidden-online.de>
Date: Fri Jan 21 2005 - 19:14:54 EET

> > I recently switched from Red Hat FC1 to Debian Sarge,
> > kernel 2.6.8-11, and am having trouble getting my MIDI
> > interface -- USB Edirol UM-1S -- working.  Perhaps
> > someone could give a little advice?
>
> Mine works fine. Make sure usb-audio is being loaded in you
> alsa. Try manually modprobe, see if it will work?

Mine also works fine.

But:

* ensure there's no OSS in the kernel, especially it will
produce lots of problems if you have loaded the OSS USB-audio
together with the ALSA snd-usb-audio. Please note that the
OSS module can be found in the usb drivers section of the
kernel, not in the OSS section.

After that, loading snd-usb-audio should immediately give the
desired result.

 Best regards

    ce