Re: [linux-audio-user] Korg Keyboard running Linux

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 22 2005 - 11:06:40 EET

On Saturday 22 January 2005 02:03, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-01-22 at 01:25 +0100, Peter Brinkmann wrote:
> > That said, I did find this line about "newly-developed proprietary
> > software" slightly objectionable because they seem to imply that
> > proprietary software is a mark of quality, or else they wouldn't have
> > mentioned this in a marketing document.
> So? That just means that (surprise!) the marketing people wrote that
> press release and not the engineers. All marketing types think
> proprietary==good.

But still they somehow heard of opensource and they fear it could become a
trend in the future so it might be wise to tell about this one too.
They didn't need to tell about opensource. Even if the GPL applies (could be
they use *bsd) no one would notice unless they say it or someone pulishes
specs if the internal software interfaces...

Arnold

--
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the
Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be