Re: [linux-audio-user] DeMuDi unusable on widescreen nVidia LCD

From: Mark Constable <markc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 23 2005 - 21:46:06 EET

Jon B wrote:
> I have tried this twice. I install DeMuDi, and the installer works
> fine, but then when it actually tries to run, it SCREWS UP HARDCORE.
> Hmmmm... I could use LIbranet (or mepis or something?) to install a
> minimal system, dist upgrade to debian unstable, and then upgrade to
> demudi, right? That might be my best option...

You could also try a Knoppix liveCD and see how well, or
not, it works with your hardware before commiting to an
installation. Another one that is worth trying is...

 http://tuxgamers.altervista.org/llgp.php

it's full of games (doh) but it uses a 2.6 kernel and is
the first liveCD I've tried that found my nVidia card and
installed the nvidia module correctly at the right resolution.
It uses udev rather than the normal Knoppix kudzu setup
which is why I tried it out.. and glad I did (but not for
the games, I wrote a script to get rid of them).

--markc