Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 16, Issue 110

From: Shayne O'Connor <forums@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 25 2005 - 09:56:26 EET

Jon B wrote:

>Does anyone know how to get
>nvidia drivers loaded for the 2.6.9-multimedia-686 kernel? I've tried
>3 or 4 methods and haven't gotten it. Says something about VMALLOC
>error.
>
>I've made significant progress though. At this rate maybe I can
>restart all over again with just DeMuDi and get the video working from
>the start...

2.6.9 - i'm pretty sure this is where nvidia video drivers stopped
working for me. i've been able to compile and load the 6629 drivers on
>= 2.6.9, but .... let me tell you - it doesn't do anything *good* for
video acceleration ... a black screen and a few icons is all it can
manage on the latest kernels :(

have a look at the nvidia forums - everyone's basically camping out for
the next release ... until then, i wouldn't bother with them on a kernel
after 2.6.8.

that said, a number of people *do* seem to have gotten them to work - is
it worth the pain and heartache though? no.

shayne