Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 16, Issue 110

From: Florian Schmidt <mista.tapas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 25 2005 - 13:47:39 EET

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:56:26 +1100
"Shayne O'Connor" <forums@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> 2.6.9 - i'm pretty sure this is where nvidia video drivers stopped
> working for me. i've been able to compile and load the 6629 drivers on
> >= 2.6.9, but .... let me tell you - it doesn't do anything *good* for
> video acceleration ... a black screen and a few icons is all it can
> manage on the latest kernels :(
>
> have a look at the nvidia forums - everyone's basically camping out for
> the next release ... until then, i wouldn't bother with them on a kernel
> after 2.6.8.
>
> that said, a number of people *do* seem to have gotten them to work - is
> it worth the pain and heartache though? no.

Hi,

i kinda got them to work on

2.6.11-rc1-V0.7.35-00

I needed two patches called:

NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-6629-1165235.diff.txt

and

NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-6629-1171869.diff.txt

(attached)

With these patches applied i got a black screen which was cured by
adding:

Option "NvAGP" "2"

to this section of my XF86Config-4:

Section "Device"
        Identifier "Generic Video Card"
# Driver "nv"
        Driver "nvidia"
        Option "NvAGP" "2"
EndSection

This makes 2D ops a bit slower than usually, but i can frag again :)

Have fun
Flo

--
Palimm Palimm!