Re: [linux-audio-user] Decent reverb, and DSP in hardware?

From: Peter Lutek <plutek@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 26 2005 - 21:34:18 EET

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:59:51 -0800, <davidrclark@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Greetings All,
>
> I have recently posted to LAA an announcement of Mixster and other
> programs.
> These are aimed specifically at convolution reverb. They run under
> Linux,
> and with the appropriate libs, under XP which is where I will probably
> use
> them.
>
> The program called "Boxster" is for generating 3-D impulse response
> functions.
> The program called "Mixster" is for convolution, albeit nonrealtime, and
> for combining the tracks. It has other utilities which are useful for
> performing tasks associated with convolution reverb. To novice users,
> I'm sure it appears to be a miscellaneous grab-bag; it's not.

thanks for posting this, dave!

this is exactly the sort of package i (and others, i'm sure) have been
looking for.
my work (usually recording small acoustic ensembles in studio) requires
concert hall quality reverb all the time. under windows, i have been using
the FIReverb suite (http://www.catt.se/the_suite.htm). i was about to
attempt running that software under wine, but will test your package first.

best-
-p