Re: [linux-audio-user] kX Audio Driver Inquiry

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Sat Jan 29 2005 - 08:58:02 EET

On Sat, 2005-01-29 at 15:51 +1000, Mark Constable wrote:
> FWIW... from http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/

> Wednesday, January 26, 2005, 10:44:51 AM, you wrote:
>
> > Is there any possibility that a linux/ALSA port could
> > be made of this software and how much in dollars terms
> > would be needed to get anyone seriously interested in
> > making the effort ?
>
> Unfortunately, linux/alsa port cannot be made at the moment mainly due
> to lack of time. I cannot release the sources of the driver since some
> of them are covered by several NDAs. In the future I hope the
> situation can change, but I cannot provide you with any exact dates.

This is basically what I'm working on now - improving the functionality
of the ALSA driver to match the kX driver. If you want to pay someone
to work on this, you could pay me.

Here's what I have so far (in addition to a bunch of small patches that
have already been incorporated into the ALSA driver):

http://www.alsa-project.org/~rlrevell/emu10k1-multichannel-v007.patch

Other people are working on various other features (the DSP loader,
24/96 support). As for the NDAs Eugene mentioned, there's really
nothing the kX driver supports that we don't support already or could be
reverse engineered.

Lee