[linux-audio-user] Switching from a MOTU828mk2 to RME Cards?

From: Josh Henne <jh03qb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 01 2005 - 04:46:31 EET

 About a month ago I was introduced to Agnula and Linux in general and to make
things short I'm making an attempt to switch to Linux for audio work. So I've
sold all my commercial VSTs, MAX/MSP, and will move to Csound, PD and Audacity.
The only things left to do are to buy a combo DVDrw/cdrw drive, switch my cpu,
ram and HD's over to a Shuttle lunchbox sized PC (for a less noisy system) and
find a replacement for my MOTU 828 MK2. I am gearing towards an RME Hammerfall
card and a behringer A8000 adat interface. Or would I be better off getting a
PCMCIA adapter and going for the cardbus interface and Multiface? This is incase
I get a laptop in the future.

Too bad MOTU products aren't supported.

Thanks
Josh