Re: [linux-audio-user] Switching from a MOTU828mk2 to RME Cards?

From: omjn <looplog@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 01 2005 - 07:10:33 EET

Josh Henne wrote:

> and
>find a replacement for my MOTU 828 MK2.

Why replace the MOTU? Doesn't it have ADAT in and out as well? Plus
extra versatility like front panel level meters? I have a Behringer
ADA8000 here, and it does the job, but I would swap it for the MOTU in a
heartbeat. Wanna swap!? Couple your MOTU with a cheaper ADAT card like
the Terratec EWS88D (am running these, they work great post alsa 1.08),
or any of the other ice**** chipset cards with ADAT which are well
supported and reasonably cheap, and you have a killer combination for
less outlay. Even buy one of the hammerfalls with ADAT if you want to
spend the money. Plus, as work continues on support for firewire audio
devices you may well have _firewire_ support for the MOTU in the future...

-michael