[linux-audio-user] internal sound card route

From: vector <vector180@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 02 2005 - 08:12:39 EET

Hi
newbie
Just grasping the ins and outs of jack
basic sound blaster card
tone present on line in
qjackctl shows capture_1, .. _2.
I can remove the route of capture_1 etc to things like ardour by
disconnecting it in qjackctl as expected.
however I cant stop the line input from being "mirrored" on the cards
output.
gnomes volume control ..line slider allows me to adjust the volume.
(like a pre fader) but no matter what i disconnect in jack the tone on
line input also comes out of the cards output.

Is this typical of sound cards. or do i still have something not quite
right?

ta