Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Decent reverb

From: Marije Baalman <nescivi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 02 2005 - 12:43:16 EET

Hiho,

Steve Harris wrote:

>On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 12:45:53 -0800, davidrclark@email-addr-hidden wrote:
>

>>The "correct" or perhaps "most correct" impulse is a Dirac delta so-called
>>"function." Practically speaking, we cannot generate one.
>>Also, I have experienced problems with using one sample impulses (arguably
>>the nearest you can get to a Dirac), they dont always produce accurate
>>impulses. I found that a Chirp (rapid sinewave sweep) often got good room
>>impulses, but theres no ideal excitation impulse in my experience.

quite often, maximum length sequence techniques are used to measure room
impulse responses. it is a broadband noise signal of which you know the
spectrum exactly (the signal is semi-random).
Not sure whether there are linux programs available to do such
measurements. I believe the good old MLSSA is still used for it normally.

sincerely,
Marije